As promised, here is the Fiction Friday Challenge theme for this week. When you’ve completed the post, please post the link at the bottom of this page in the comments. Have fun!
This week’s Fiction Friday Challenge theme is:
Begin your story with the words “She never…” keep going and see what you get. If you like, you can change it to “He never…” or give the character a name. Just start focusing on what was never done and keep going for 5 minutes! Have fun!
The rules of Fiction Friday Challenges are simple. Here’s a basic rundown of them:
- Check for the weekly theme or challenge. At the beginning of each month, a list of that month’s Fiction Friday challenges will be posted to give you plenty of notice as to what the theme for each week will be.
- Write using the prompt or theme for five minutes. You can go longer if you want, but remember the challenges are meant to get your juices going. If you don’t have a finished story, don’t worry! That’s kind of the point!
- No editing! Seriously. Don’t hit that backspace key, no matter how tempting it is. These are exercises. No one will be judging you on perfection.
- On Friday, post what you wrote to your blog.
- On social networks, use the hashtag #FictionFriday and share the link to your post.
- Come back to Ronda Writes, and share your post in the Fiction Friday Challenge post’s comments section for that week.
- If you like, share others’ posts on social networks using the hastag #FictionFriday as their work is posted.
- Feel free to comment on the posts of other participants, but remember to be constructive! We’re all working out our writing muscles, not trying to be the next Tom Wolfe, James Joyce, or Jane Austin!
That’s it! Those are the rules. You can participate as you are able to.