Everybody makes mistakes. That is why it is crucial to proofread your work before you turn in a final copy. Below is an editing checklist to help make sure your writing is as close to perfection as possible.
- Check your spelling. Also, check for usage of words such as their, they’re, and there.
- Check your grammar.
- Double check the tense in the piece of writing.
- Avoid Sexist Language.
- Check subject-verb agreement.
- Check for consistency.
- Double-check all quotations and paraphrases for accuracy.
- Ensure the bibliography is complete and accurate.
- Check for missed typos.
- Remember that spell and grammar check will miss some things. Double check spelling and grammar.
- Check for wordy passages and repetitive phrases.
- Read the piece aloud. Errors that otherwise would have been missed are often found this way.
By taking time to run through this checklist, you can help ensure your writing maintains a professional appearance. If you would like a second party to help you edit your writing. Please contact me about my editing services.